Thursday Thirteen #1


13 Different Things About Me!


Let's start with the letter "A", shall we?


1. First off, my name is Amy ~ which means most beloved. My husband's name, David, only means beloved. I like to tease him about this. He gives me a dirty look when I do. TeeHee!


2. My birthday is August 7th, which is very soon in case you wanted to get me something!


3. Ark as in Noah's Ark. I have been collecting Noah's Ark items for over fifteen years. I like the unusual looking ones the best.


4. Artsy Fartsy - so not me! I have no talent when it comes to decorating or anything crafty. I do appreciate the arts and love going to the museums, but what's in my head I have yet to put on paper or anything else.


5. Ask! My philosophy is if you don't know then ask! I have a very intelligent husband and used to feel dumb around him and I would let that intimidate me. Now that was just silly of me. I ask lots of questions and am learning a lot, especially about politics.


6. Arthritis. I've had it since I was ten years old. It's painful. Everyday. Christ gives me the strength to face it head on!


7. Accountant. One of my many jobs as owner of a Mustang restoration shop is the accounting. I used to love it, but now find it stressful when trying to keep up with all the other duties. I am thinking about finding someone to take over the books so I can be the "BOSS" around here! Now that's fun!!


8. Action! I love my action movies. And my hubby likes that I like action movies the best. I loved Iron Man and I just saw The Incredible Hulk. The new Hulk was way better than the first one they made. I am really looking forward to The Dark Knight. How about you?


9. Apples. I love 'em all, but Granny Smiths are my favorite! I love the sour and the pucker lips I get. Good for kissing!


10. Awana! I love working in Awana on Wednesday nights at church. I am a leader in the Chums group, which is 3rd and 4th grade girls. This is one of my most favorite things to do!


11. Able. Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!


12. American Idol. I am a HUGE fan and I am not ashamed to admit it!! Dave Cook R.O.C.K.S!!


13. A new blog. Okay, so I cheated a little. I felt it was time for a change from the old blog. I am still learning how to set everything up, but am proud of what I've been able to do so far. I know it's not that hard, but I've never had the time to learn how to do it properly. How do you like the new look?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Amy you are the girl! What a sweet new blog!
What a creative blog name also. I am speechless. :)

And no offense taken about my sweet hubba hubba hubby! It would take a lot to offend me....got to have a sense of humor in this life, or I would go crazy! :)

Anonymous said...

Yipee! I was the first to leave a comment on the new blog!! :) I can now go down in blog history. LOL!!!

Melanie said...

Love Idol as well...Totally agree with #5...and love action movies!

Michelle said...

You did great on your new blog design! (why the change to a new name and everything ... if you don't mind me ASKing LOL) I like how you did your list of all A's.

Unknown said...

Love the new Look!!Missing you Girl, but life's been busier than I thought with the kids out of school. Silly girl that I am, I thought it would be easier, since I didn't have to run around, picking them off and dropping them off at school....OH NO, I just have them ALL home now! LOL! You know I love them!! :)

I'm with Michelle, why the change?! I've been trying to get out of my blog funk, whether to stay or reinvent myself. I'm still deciding on finding something new... you my dear have done a fantastic job.

BIG HUGS
Christine
http://www.arewethereyetmom.com

Unknown said...

Oh, and BTW, my husband's Bday is the 8th, his aunt's is the 9th and my mother's anniversary to her new husband is the 10th, so I won't forget!! :)

Funny, I don't remember you ever mentioning when your Bday was!!

marine's words said...

and you say you have no creative in you WOW!!!I love it amy and to think I had to paid for mine I just don't know what I am doing and I am just now learning how to lick people to my blog I am really behind.love,marina
PS. love it !!

Nicole said...

Happy TT...found you from the hub!

My favorite apples are Cameo!

Happy Birthday early Most Beloved! =)

Bubba said...

A fantastic first TT! I love your theme!

Happy TT...and God bless.

Valerie Roberson said...

Great list! I love action movies too. Iron Man and The Incredible ?Hulk were awesome, and we can't wait for The Dark Night! Happy T13 :D

Dianne said...

I love your list and I love the new look. It really is a sense of accomplishment, isn't it? :-) I will ask the same question Michelle did above...why the new blog name?? Just curious.

... said...

what a fun post. you did a great job with the letter A.

and your blog looks great. i'll have to come back and visit. have a great weekend.