Update On Luke Menard



Some of you may remember Luke from American Idol. He made it to the top 16! Not bad. Anyway, Luke is from right here in my hometown of Crawfordsville. After he was eliminated from AI he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Our little town has rallied the troups and have shown tremendous support for him and his family. There have been several benefits to help pay for the medical bills. Our local ice cream shop sold over 2800 milk shakes one day! One afternoon when I went to Kroger there was a group of teenage girls selling hot dogs and cokes too. Here in a couple of weeks Luke and his singing group, Chapter 6 are going to perform at the high school. Should be fun!

Here and here are a couple of articles from our local papers if you want to read further.

I love Luke's attitude towards the whole thing. He knows that everything happens for a reason. He could easily be feeling sorry for himself right now and having a pity party. Instead, he is looking and working towards the future in christian music. This is where he feels God's leading right now.

Please pray for him and his wife, Lara. They are a sweet couple, both with a lot of talent. God could use them in mighty ways if He desires.

We don't know what the future holds for any of us, but when we know Christ as our own personal Savior we have the assurance that we can rest safely in His arms, trusting that He knows what's best for us.

And that, my friend, is a huge blessing and a comfort!

3 comments:

marine's words said...

Amy I finally got your award up so come by and see it you sweet beauitful lady ,love you.marina

Faith said...

AMEN! Thanks for this update...my daughters and I really wanted to see him in the top 5!

Susie said...

Oh my goodness, he was a favorite of mine. I will lift him up in prayer.

Thanks for stopping by my site, and for praying for my husband. He is doing well right now, and for that I am so thankful.

Cute haircut!